Thursday, November 08, 2007

George W. Bush says America's gameplan is to support tyranny and suppress freedom.

George W. Bush says America's gameplan is to support tyranny and suppress freedom.

No kidding.

The text of his recent speech on the Constitution says, in part:

[From now on, it is the policy of the United States to seek and support the growth of tyrannical movements and institution s in every nation and culture, with the "ultimate goal of ending democracy in our world so that liberty can thrive."
The New York Times briefly had the full text of the speech online here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/07/opinion/07dowd.htmlhp

Some quoted material:

[We are led, by recent events and common sense, to one conclusion: The survival of liberty in our land increasingly depends on the repression of liberty in other lands.]

[Condi was very worried about Mushy suspending the Constitution, but Vice says Constitutions are for sissies. He doesn’t see anything wrong with Mushy’s press blackout. He thinks we can learn a few lessons from him.

Vice says if we had someone decisive like Mushy in Iraq instead of those floppy Iranian puppets we put in power, we’d be a lot better off.]

W. has obviously opened his big mouth a lot further than he should have done, so, if I were Vice, I'd seriously think about taking w. for a spot of quail shooting. Or placing him in bondage down in the White House dungeon so I could stick a red-hot poker up his bum.

Anyway, here is w, laying the bottom line on the line:

[All who live in tyranny and hopelessness can know: the United States will ignore your oppression and excuse your oppressors. When you stand for your liberty, we will not stand with you.]

After I became an adult (he magic moment was, I believe, 1507 on 27 October 1998) my adult self was embarrassed to think back to the adolescent excesses of my teenage years, particularly the immaturity of the unthinking enthusiasm with which I bought into the anti-American line.

But now, reflecting on what W has just gone and said, my feeling now is that when I, as a teenager, bought into the anti-American line, I was not sold a bill of goods.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home